Helpful Tips For Daylighting Design
1. Best type of light is natural daylight. Availability of daylight changes across the day. Successful daylight for a building depends on site location, building facade orientation and size of openings.
2. Allowing daylight into interior spaces saves on the electricity bill and daylight provides natural healthy environment for the residents.
3. The head height of a window opening determines how far light will reach inside the building, therefore don’t obstruct existing window heads with decorative shades.
4. Paint ceilings and walls with light colors to maximize daylight reflectance inside the building.
5. Avoid large windows on South and West facades, which gets direct daylight inside the building, It will create unwanted solar heat gain and fades color on interior finishes.